View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 06:41 AM   #16
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Appreciate the chance to beta test.

FWIW Calibre portable is working for me.

I tried out the new content server. A few comments, some of these may just be things you haven't got to yet. Some probably user error.

It gives me the option to choose between the two libraries the normal UI knows about. However whichever one I choose I get the same library - which is the first one, known as "Calibre Library".

Book cover view is nice but a list view would be good too.

Took me a while to figure out that I needed to right-click to get preferences for the book viewer. This can be tricky on Chrome on my phone, but I figured out that if you 'click' near the top of the screen it usually brings it up.

First book I tried failed to open but that may be a dodgy epub. I've tried a couple of different books since, one epub, one azw3, and they were fine.

Navigation in the desktop browser was OK - though sometimes I needed to click on the webpage itself before it responded to keypresses. On the phone it was a bit hit or miss. I wasn't sure if it was best to swipe, or tap or what.

Also one time it managed to get itself into a state where it quickly scrolled through a lot of the book and then got stuck. But that's only happened once.

The Bookmarks option in the browser options doesn't do anything yet, correct?

I haven't tried out the users.

At home I've got a script I use to add books and populate custom columns with initial values. It uses calibredb a lot - so I'll try that when I get back.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote