View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 11:59 PM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
So far I don't really mind the new home screen.

My biggest problem is the recommendations. Unless/until Kobo gives me a way to help tweak my recommendations like Amazon does (to take into account pbooks & ebooks from other sources) I find it rather useless and it's in a very prominent spot (top right). I'm not necessarily opposed to them being there (although it would be better it they could be disabled), but if they're going to be forced on me I'd like to make them more useful.
From what I can see, the home screen is divided into six areas. The two across the top con contain two book each that are being read. If you only have one or two books in this state, the right hand block can take something else.

The middle two blocks always has "My Books" on the left, and something else on the right.

For the "something else" in the right hand blocks, I have so far seen: an author, a collection, recommendations, wishlist, related books. I haven't worked out the rules for when these change, but the author tends to be for the book I am reading or the one I just finished.

The bottom two blocks has the shop on the left and various things on the right. I can remember seeing a link to the device manual, Pocket, reading stats, the number of VIP points I have and related books. I'm sure there has been at least one other thing, but I can't think of what it is. Again, I don't know the rules of when these are displayed.

As to Kobo pushing advertising at us, at the moment, my Glo HD only has the shop in the bottom left. This is less than I usually saw with the old home screen. But, I'd still prefer the old home screen.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote