View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 12:15 AM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD, Aura ONE
I'm coming in a bit later than I'd like, but, here's what I know.

From Kobo, this is what is in 4.4.9298
  • Home screen - A fresh new layout that puts the focus back on your current reads – with larger text and bigger book covers.
  • Main menu - A new simple menu on the upper left gives you direct access to all the important sections with one tap.
  • Authors view - You can now browse by authors in the My Books section.
  • Tabs - The My Books, Browse, Recommended, and Activity sections now feature tabs for quick and easy access to sub-sections.
  • Status bar - The status bar on the upper right now displays larger icons for Light, Wi Fi, Battery, Sync, and Search.
  • Sort by date added - You can now sort your books by the date they were added to your account. Look for this option with the other sort controls in My Books.
  • PIN lock - Protect your privacy by requiring a 4‑digit PIN to unlock your eReader. Enable this feature from the settings menu under Energy Saving and Privacy.

Apart from this, the bug fixes I know of are:
  • Browser:
    • Downloading files larger than 2MB.
    • Don’t have to restart browser if you cancelling a download.
  • Reading stats fixed. The stats for any books read with the last few firmware versions will not be fixed, but they seem to be working properly for any reading done after the upgrade.

This is apparently the firmware to be sent to the Aura H2O Edition 2 when it is released. It should be going to all devices except the Mini.

I have made the changes needed for calibre and they will be in the next release. Until then, it is completely safe to use the "Attempt to support newer firmware" option in either of the drivers.

Edit: The support for firmware 4.4.9298, the Aura H2O Edition 2 has been released in calibre 2.85.0 and and the 3.0 betas.

Last edited by davidfor; 05-12-2017 at 11:30 AM.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote