View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 08:48 AM   #13
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinThought View Post
, then go back to reading that exciting chapter that you were interrupted from, all on the same device.)
Ahem - it pretty difficult to go back to that exciting chapter when the book in question does not have any. Which is what the thread is about

FYI. I myself am reading it on an android tablet, in Moon+ reader, so I can interrupt myself with social trivia like this response, any time I choose to. But if I still had my Kindle Oasis, I would have given it the same split into chapters treatment

and to whoever checked out the kindle sample - yes it has scene breaks, 187 of them . I converted each one into a new chapter. So each now starts on a new e-device "page" . IF W Smith doesn't like that, he should have stuck to PDF or more carefully thought through allowing the kindle & epub versions to be sold

He and all the other authors I read may be equally horrified that I mercilessly delete dedications to people I will never meet or have never hear of, and epigrams from Dead White Guys without even reading them. Quel Philistine.

as for " It doesn't give you the right to revise it.". i can colour in, scribble in the margin, or otherwise deface MY copy of any $14.95 printed book I buy. My copy, My rules.
In e-format, I can highlight, annotate... and even share! my scandalous behaviour those 'cos amazon invented this thing called most popular highlights. and enabled it by default in all of their readers.
Better organise an authors' strike immediately until such behaviour is supressed.

Last edited by stumped; 05-08-2017 at 08:58 AM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote