View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 06:40 AM   #4
fluoresce
Enthusiast
fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fluoresce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sigil
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Most Readers that use ADE don't have the page numbers in the right margin or there is an option to turn them off.

Best practice is to allow the default values where possible such as margins, line-height, & font size. Current Readers allow for margin changes, line-height, and font size. So you really don't need to add in your own values. Plus, @page causes issues with ADE and the right hand page number in that it move the page number from the right side based on your @page. Oh and don't left justify. It looks awful. One more thing, don't use margin shorthands. Use the long form of margins. It helps with comparability.

To ensure maximum comparability, keep your code as simple and clean as possible. Also, make sure it validates in the latest version of epubcheck.

Do you want advice on formatting as well?
Brilliant response!

Please tell me if I understand you correctly . . .
  • I should avoid setting my own margins, line-height, and font sizes.
  • I should avoid @page because ADE can't handle it.
  • I should not use text-align:left.
  • If I do use my own margins, I should use longhand, thus:

Code:
margin-top: 10px;
margin-right: 10px;
margin-bottom: 10px;
margin-left: 10px;
Questions
  1. If I don't apply my own margins, wouldn't the margins be 0px by default?
  2. In what way does "text-align:left" look terrible? Should I use "text-align:justify" instead, then?

Yes, please, formatting advice would be very much appreciated.
fluoresce is offline   Reply With Quote