View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 04:56 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
Latest cc version. About says 5.2.5.2.(539)
Seven books on device. Grouping by author confirms that my author surname groups are
one a
two c
three h
one l
to the right, where I set display to a z by author, I expect an a z ordering of cover thumbnails
But That thumbnail list places the l between two of the h and it places ho before ha.
So I get this order Corey, hobb, lallo , harari, helton

All other sorts e.g. by title seem well behaved.
I have tried added, removed some of the books and exited restarted cc. The sort order is consistently wrong. The same wrong order is applied if I ask to see the seven books on a shelf.
I prefer to e-mail screen shots rather than type full author names. Is there a known bug. Is a z a full sort or only first letter. I.e.should ha precede ho or is that random.
Get the Calibre plugin: Quality Check
Run the section that checks Author sort. I suspect that will find a lot of red (in the MDE window)
Select all those: Tap E (bulk mode MDE), and tick the recalculate Author sort: OK
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote