Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 12:43 PM   #334
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
I am completely opposed to closed voting -- we already have too many people who vote and don't then participate, even when it's a book they voted for. Hiding the vote just accentuates that and makes it more likely that voting will be skewed by non-participants.

That being said, I think the voting mechanism is not the issue -- participation is. Perhaps we should consider weighted voting - with prior participation leading to increased voting shares. I'm not sure I'm proposing that, but I'd be more than willing to discuss it.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote