Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 12:19 PM   #333
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
With multiple-choice voting (highly desirable) there's no reason for someone not to vote for a book even if it seems an unlikely winner. That's one of the points of multiple-choice voting, the main one being to arrive at a selection that's "good enough" for a plurality of voters.

On to the issue at hand. I'm for anything that would encourage more participation. Would closed voting do that? Also, there's two systems of closed voting: closed while the poll is ongoing and closed even after the poll closes. Which are we talking about?

Would more people participate if they could vote privately? I don't know. I'm already frustrated by people who vote and don't participate and I think having private voting would lead to more of that. Frankly, the only time public voting influences my vote is when two contenders are close in both votes and my estimation and one has more support from people who will likely show up for the discussion. That one will get my vote.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote