View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 05:23 AM   #10
CalibUser
Addict
CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.CalibUser goes to eleven.

Device: Sony
I have updated the plugin in the first post so that it manages angular brackets that contain recognised HTML tags.

I tested it with variations of the following text file:

This is a line of text
This is <HELLO> <i>another</i> line <b>of</b> text
Did you know that 4>3?
This <i> tag is not matched.

Sigil generates an error when this code is imported because the <I> tag does not have its matching pair </I> and (I assume) <HELLO> is not a recognised html tag. However, if you click Yes when Sigil asks 'Are you sure you want to continue?' then the textfile is imported with these incorrect tags.

@DiapDealer and Doitsu: Thanks for your tips for a solution; I only saw these after I went to the site to upload my solution to this problem. If there are any further problems with angular brackets then I will consider these solutions.

It will be necessary to replace < and > with &lt; and &gt; if the tags do not enclose an html tag to view the page normally.

Last edited by CalibUser; 04-27-2017 at 05:36 AM.
CalibUser is offline   Reply With Quote