View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 10:33 AM   #1
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Audible/Amazon pricing discrepancies

I've been noticing occasional discrepancies in the prices of audiobooks at Audible and Amazon. I'm currently not an Audible member.

Here's one I noticed today:

Based on a True Story, by Delphine de Vigan
And another:

The Finishing School, by Joanna GoodmanBoth of the Amazon prices work out to 12.5 percent off. I've checked a few other Audible audiobooks at Amazon, and they all seem to show the same discount, or even an occasional somewhat greater discount.

I thought perhaps the Amazon prices are based on my being a Prime member, but I checked using a different browser where I'm not logged in, and the Amazon prices are still lower than the Audible prices.

I'm annoyed by the discrepancy on the one hand, but on the other hand, I can now use it to my advantage. Still, it seems pretty baffling.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote