Thread: Wool 1,2,3,4,5
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 11:53 AM   #507
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
And be prepared to start seeing a bunch of ads for MRE, guns and ammo the next time you bring google up!

Preppers have been around since at least the early 70's, so this isn't exactly new. It's really become a big industry. A lot of the backpacker's freeze dried meal companies are moving into the prepper market in a big way.

I suspect that some people who have vacation homes might keep a stock of such food stuffs for potential power outages and the like.

Of course, before we point the finger too much at preppers, I would note that safe rooms have because an item for city dwellers as well.
I would guess most people with vacation homes would just take their groceries with them. I can't see why a vacation home would be any more susceptible to power outages. Unless we are thinking 2 different things. Are you talking about cabins or actual homes? And actually unless you visit often, I don't think you would want to leave pouch food in a cabin in the woods. Animal factor. Now I have seen where they keep canned goods there.
Though most getaway homes stoves run on propane not electricity so canned foods would be just as good as the MRE's.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote