View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 08:57 PM   #5
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2
I have an 8" Acer with a full HD screen. For me anything larger than 8" would be clumsy for reading. I have 9.7" and 10" tablets but I wouldn't use them for reading.

The Acer's screen is exceptional and I've tried to use it for reading but it's still too big for me and too heavy even though it's a fairly light tablet. I do read some on my phone and I've found that my eyes are bothered by reading on an LCD screen so I have to limit myself to about 20 minute sessions and I can read just fine. My new phone has an AMOLED screen and I can read nearly twice as long without eyestrain. If I go too long on either of them I can't read for the rest of the day. Of course not everyone has that problem with LCD screens but I do and a lot of people do.

Today I read for about 2 or 3 hours on my e-ink Kobo. I can't do that with a tablet or phone. It really makes a big difference.

If you like the size and you're not bothered by long sessions with an LCD you might like the Tab S. I had the original 9.7 Tab S. I didn't like it because I was always accidentally hitting the capacative buttons so I eventually sold it, but other than that it was a really nice tablet.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote