View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #18
Grace2354
Grace2354 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
No success, Calibre is still applying a pagebreak before and after the image. <sigh> I'm about to give up.
I know that this thread is quite old, but I recently started to try converting .epub to .mobi so I could send my files to my kindle touch using email. The only issue was that I was getting a page break after every chapter image. It got quite annoying after reading halfway into the book! But I found a way around it that seems to work for me!

When I do a conversion, I go to structure detection, and where it says "chapter mark" and I set this as "none".

After that, I go down to where it says "Insert Page Breaks Before (XPath expression):
I type in the following, //h:header or //h:h1. This seems to work consistently for me!

The important part is that I noticed that each chapter generally started out with [header] or [h] or something like that. I guess this would be the same for most ebooks? It might be something different, but whatever heading is used for each chapter, I use that for the XPath expression for inserting page breaks.

Hope this helps!
Grace2354 is offline   Reply With Quote