View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 09:55 PM   #35
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
A/V?

I'm begining to think there's an issue with the Kobo in any case:

It only charges when plugged into my phone charger not when connected to the computer and supposedly charging although I can transfer files with no problems (dodgy cable perhaps?)
That's weird. The cable I have on my work desktop will sometimes only charge but not connect. I haven't seen a cable do the opposite. But, one of the ports on my laptop can be configured to supply power when the laptop is of. Only my Glo HD will connect to the computer when I use this port. The others will charge, but not see the computer. The other ports are OK.
Quote:

And now the content of all my collections has mysteriously disappeared although it seems to see all the books loaded on the card but not any of the content I sideloaded the other day onto the main memory...

It looks like for some reason the firmware has updated and in doing so has deleted all my sideloaded content. Maybe I should send all my content to the card and just keep Kobo purchased content in main memory. Grrr...
One of the recent flurry of firmware updates had a bug with collections when a particular type of sync was done. The bug cleared them. For purchased books, a later sync would bring the collections back, but for the sideloaded books, if couldn't. This should have been fixed, but if you updated to the bad firmware as a stepping stone, then you might have lost the collections.

But, you shouldn't be losing sideloaded books. Are the disappearing of the storage? Or just from the library? With the problems you have been having, the database might have been corrupted and recent changes not save. When the device restarted after the firmware update, it would have reread the database and that would effectively be an old version that didn't include the latest books. If you connect to the PC and eject, there is a good chance the books will be processed again. Unless they have disappeared completely.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote