View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 11:38 AM   #94
Lady Stardust
User
Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Stardust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iphone, Kindle 3, PW1/2/3, KOA1/2/3, Aura HD/One/, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
I am on the 1.12.4 version of KfM also, and it was working fine for me (including disinfection and conversion after download) as of two weeks ago, buying with one-click and delivering straight to KfM. I'm not sure whether to go test it again now...

ETA: OK, done; I downloaded this free book by delivering to KfM 1.12.4; disinfected, imported into Calibre, and converted to epub. No problems.

Are there traps I might fall into with other books not being compatible?
To the best of my knowledge, no traps as long as you don't install Kindle for Mac 1.17 version or later (and even then you can block .kfx using Terminal).
The only strange thing is that on Amazon it says
Quote:
Note: Kindle for Mac applications running a software version below 1.14.0 are no longer supported. To continue reading on your app you can easily download and install for free the latest version of the Kindle for Mac. If you are running an operating system that is not compatible with our app, you may continue reading from your computer with Kindle Cloud Reader
Maybe not supported means only that they will not update older versions anymore.