View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 11:43 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceridwen View Post
If so, how? I have the gift card number and PIN. Where do I enter them on kobo.com to use it to pay for a book? When I go to checkout, I can check the "gift card" button to get a textbox with "Enter Kobo gift card number", but entering the Indigo card's number gives me an error (because it's not a Kobo gift card, presumably). Their help page suggests that it's possible to use Indigo cards on kobo.com. This thread also suggests that someone has managed to use an Indigo/Chapters card on kobo.com.

If it matters, I live in the US. (If Kobo turns out to be using IP geolocation to screw me over, I'm going to be very unhappy, but I wouldn't doubt they'd do it.)
It probably matters a good deal where you live. I get the option to use an Indigo gift card when I use the Kobo site but I live in Canada -- see the attached image. You might want to remember that Chapters/Indigo is a Canadian company and their gift cards are issued in Canadian dollars. Given that I can't use my Canadian issued Starbucks card in Seattle and Amazon.com will not accept an Amazon.ca gift card, I would not expect Kobo U.S. to accept an Indigo gift card. Heck, I can't even use Canadian coinage in American vending machines.

I think you are being a bit paranoid saying that they are out to screw you when you are using a gift card issued in a foreign currency by a different company. Though I must admit to a touch of curiosity as to where you obtained the gift card.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KoboIndigo.png
Views:	1592
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	155753  

Last edited by DNSB; 03-19-2017 at 11:47 PM.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote