View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 06:56 AM   #13
plusz
Addict
plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!plusz is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: 13.3" Boox Max2, 7" Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Are you planning to release it on google play?
I never thought about it. I have found the app on F-droid and I would like to add to F-droid an up to date version fully supporting Onyx Boox Max. I have not released any android app on google play yet. I am professional software developer but I don't live from developing mobile apps. It is just because I have found this app very helpful for me I posted about it. Now It is actually a fun for me to tinker with the code to improve the app quality (to fix any minor glitch), add platform (Onyx Boox Max) specific code and some useful stuff in the future. Here comes the hint, don't expect rapid changes, I may devote something around 10h a week for this fun activity. The code of the app started as open source GPLv2 so sharing the current source is essential.

Well, I understand your point. Most people never touch any software code, they just wish to have the app installed and google play seems to be a safe place to get any app from. I may opt to be kind enough to go through the procedure to setup google play account and submit the app but I have to learn how to do it which means I will need to devote the time for it. When I will think about official release my first preference will be F-droid. Everyone will be able to install the app directly from there by just downloading the apk file, like the old one https://f-droid.org/repository/brows...asoft.relaunch

If anyone is interested I may do just a few clicks to share the current apk through any cloud, dropbox for example, as a temporary means of sharing the 'release'.

Better yet, I would recommend to install the AndroidStudio, download the code and build/install it yourself. I am very very impressed how easy it became to build android app with AndroidStudio. Few years ago I developed an android app and the procedure was much more complicated, one had to download several tools and learn how to execute them in order. Now it is just as easy as open the project in AndroidStudio and click build

Last edited by plusz; 03-18-2017 at 07:02 AM.
plusz is offline   Reply With Quote