View Single Post
Old 02-25-2017, 06:54 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
I have been inspecting the Kobo libraries and have found some interesting lines. This is based on FW 4.2.8842.

Config entries for Kobo eReader.conf
The trick with the config options is to look at the entry starting with a number and find the same one without a number. Anything in between goes in to the matching section in the config file. Of course the real trick is to know what the values can be. And that some are entries are built up.
Quote:

A few of these entries seem interesting to me such as: AutoColorEnabled (Is kobo making a color reader),
No, but they have a ereader with a light whose colour can be controlled
Quote:
SketchNote (a notes app?),
Yes, it's in the beta area of most of the devices
Quote:
SyncEmuPath (can a sync server be faked easily), OptlyTest (what is optly),
No idea. I haven't been able to get them to do anything.
Quote:
OverDriveTileShown,
Will be set to true if the OD tile has been shown. Useless if OD is not enabled on your device.
Quote:
StatsTrackingEnabled (can stats be turned off?),
Yes. Have a little explore in the settings to find it.
Quote:
SmartLink (what is this?),
Sorry, don't kow.
Quote:
ShowWidget (what widget?), and
It's a developers option that shows the name of a widget on the screen.
Quote:
DeveloperSettings (what is availaible?).
Do a search in the forum. It has been discussed.
Quote:
If anyone knows what these mean, please reply. Also, AcceptPreviewUpgrades seems interesting to me.

Different library views
Code:
libraryReading
libraryUnread
libraryFinished
libraryPurchased
libraryPreviews
libraryImported
libraryDownloaded
libraryNotDownloaded
libraryOverDrive
librarySubscriptionItems
libraryAll
Yes, those are the view, but search for the "filterBy"s to use them.
Quote:

What happens when you sign out
Code:
Sign out
Any reading progress, highlights, or notes since your last sync on %1 will be lost.
You haven't synced your eReader. Any reading progress, highlights, or notes you've made will be lost.
/home/build/n/Nickel/src/ui/nickel/settings/AccountSignOutMixin.cpp
will veto
rm -rf /mnt/onboard/.kobo
rm -rf /mnt/onboard/.kobo-images
rm -rf /mnt/onboard/.adobe-digital-editions
rm -rf /mnt/sd/koboExtStorage
rm -rf /var/db/dhcp*
About what I would have expected.
Quote:

Is there a free trial for Kobo Plus?
Almost definitely. But you have to be in a country where it is offered.
Quote:

Pin lock seems new, and so do some of the debug options.
Yes there are more developer options.
Quote:

Misc
Code:
ERROR: Trying to construct urls for WEBSTORE1 but we should have made a config request before getting here! Add WebstoreProxyURL=http://partner.dev.kobobooks.com under Services or General.
What happens if it is added?
My guess is that it points you to a dev server for the shop. But, it probably isn't available from outside Kobo's network (it doesn't resolve here).

That's what I know from looking at libnickel for the last few years. Some of it is useful for tweaks and other fiddling. A lot of the useful ones have been discussed. But, most is not so useful or is a one-off change. For example, if you add "LastLibrarySubFilter_books_filterByAllItems%28%29 =filterByNotDownloaded()" to the "Applications" section of the config file, the next time you open the books list, it will only show purchased books that have not been downloaded. Useful, but as soon as you change to another filter, you cannot change back. And there are a lot of options to control the display of the various help pop-ups. If you remove these, the popup will be displayed again. These tend to have either "FTE" or "Shown" in the name.

There is already a thread somewhere here discussing the configuration options. It hasn't been updated for a while, but it has some details.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote