View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 06:04 AM   #36
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't think sales will justify the time/effort to create interactive eBooks. The problem is most reading software has not caught up to handling interactive ePub 3. I don't know if Access and/or RMDSK on my H2O will handle interactive ePub 3. I know my nook STR and Sony Reader PRS-T1 won't handle them. There are a lot of Readers out there being used where interactive ePub 3 will not work. And given that Kindle's won't as well, that leaves out most people who read eBooks.

You would need people who read on a smartphone or tablet to do the bulk of the purchases of these interactive eBooks. The software has to handle things before the eBooks are available because it's no good creating the eBooks when there's not really that many ways to read them.
Well, we are talking about two different things: you're talking about maintaining a system that keeps down the level of digital reading. From this point of view you are right, most e-readers still have not a decent EPUB3 support. We are forced to build obsolete ePub2.
I am instead talking about what a publisher has to do to to include in its workflow process works that are intimately digital literature. If the big readers only want to read book digitalised, we have to offer more mature alternatives for digital reading. Maybe we can also reach the goal of find new people that do not read book, but could have interest in interactive reading.
My last electronic poetry ebook sell more than other poetry ebook "static" we done in past. We are talking about small "print runs", but I think it is an interesting field to explore.
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote