View Single Post
Old 02-14-2017, 04:53 AM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
@DiapDealer, I do this as a routine when the warning about nav.xhtml appears in calibre editor (plain epub, really). Is there any secondary effect that you know?
Do you mean effects from changing the package version from 3.0 to 2.0? Not that I know of (not directly anyway). Calibre's editor is actually another viable option for easily changing the package vesrion from 3 to 2. It's up to you whether finishing the "conversion" in Sigil or calibre's editor makes mores sense. In Sigil, running the epub2 gui metadata editor on an opf that was still primarily epub3 could end up with unforseen results, but I tend to edit the metadata in the opf manually in those situations anyway.

But then I don't do a lot of EPUB3 to EPUB2 conversions these days. Quite the opposite, in fact. I prefer the EPUB3 renderer in the Bookari reading app, so if the books I buy aren't already EPUB3, I tend to use Sigil's Epub3-itizer plugin to make them that way.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote