View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 12:49 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookiebabe View Post
I'd be perfectly thrilled I could figure out how to get any of those programs to display my whole Calibre library in 'Cover View', somehow. Its fine with me if any of those programs can only accomplish the Cover View of my Calibre library when connected via Wifi.... I work from home, so am always here.

I'm going to play with your instructions later, but I suspect that my problem is exactly what you've guessed... I'm trying to see 'Cover View' in CC when connected, which isn't doable, apparently. I'll definitely keep the app, as I do like to manage chunks of 5 to 50 books regularly, so hitting the individual 'on device' button to download each, so it can display cover view when disconnected, isn't a problem.
Put your entire library into CC. You can do that by connecting to the cloud (Dropbox), going to "Latest", then selecting Download All. It will run at around 3 seconds per book. Once you have done that you have all your books in CC so you can use its cover view and grouping.

Alternatively, do it author-by-author using download all while looking at an author.
Quote:
Thank you SO much for your help. Now at least I know that CC might be a great handling app, but isn't my ideal browsing app, and can move toward a Moon+Reader or FB Reader solution from here. So far, I haven't been able to get either Moon+Reader Pro or FB Reader Premium to display the my Dropbox/Calibre library in Cover View, either. I seem to only be able to manage a file tree, but I'll keep looking for a solution.

Rachel
My guess is that the apps CalibreBox and Calibre Cloud would be more to your liking. Calibre Box is newer and still maintained. Calibre Cloud hasn't been updated in 2 years. Both have a free version to try. Neither comes close to CC's searching & grouping capabilities and neither works well offline, but that might not matter to you.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote