View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 12:46 PM   #86
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Do you know how much WORK it is to tag all books correctly? Author, title, series, arches (such as in Discworld), genres, pulished dates, finding matching covers for a series, and then fixing the books where necessary? (Fortunately the calibre editor has made that process MUCH faster.)
It could be argued that you are making the all that busywork for yourself. When I was still buying paper books I was a fan of LibraryThing which does much the same thing. If you were using that site and adding all that info for your library, you would have been spending just as much time then as you are now.

BTW:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
fixing the books where necessary
I have noticed that e-books have gotten much better lately. I also open the epub and check the formatting and the number of books needing attention seems to have shrunk drastically. (Not an argument, just an observation.)
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote