View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 09:03 PM   #146
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
People were copying record albums on to tapes for years, and nobody said boo. It only became a big deal once the digital age arrived.
That's not true. It was discussed a lot and isn't hard to find details about it. "Home Taping Is Killing Music" was a campaign in the UK. And, from memory, some countries had a "copy tax" included in the cost of cassettes or recording equipment to pay for the piracy. But, the big thing is that most of the recording was largely done for personal use. I recorded most of my LPs so that I could play them in the car. These were never put in a place that others could copy.

The big thing with the digital age is how much easier it is, and the fact that copies of copies don't degrade.

Last edited by davidfor; 01-05-2017 at 09:04 PM. Reason: To slow.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote