View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 08:38 PM   #53
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
I started my first title for 2017 (afte midnight new year's day)
It is Watership Down by Richard Adams. It's a book I had been meaning to read all my life, and only just now decided to read it due to Mr. Adams's passing.

So far I am enjoying this so much! I admit, I had been turned off of "talking animal" books after growing up with A.A. Milne classics, then when I had my own children reading "Arthur" books, and my daughter got into Brian Jacques Redwall series. None of it appeals to me.

This, however is a classic all on its own that looks (5 chapters in so far) like one I will re-read again and again. Too bad it took me nearly 50 years