View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 06:43 AM   #43
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRipple View Post
Some people mentioned security concerns: personally I like cloud storage security better than sd cards.

First of all if sd card breaks, it is the END, all is lost, whereas cloud services have multiple backup servers.
The security is not the reliability. For an access in the long term, the cloud solution is more reliable than an SD card, but no secure when you expose all your data if they are only protected by a login and password, sometimes too simples, or when the provider of this service can access to your data. For a professional usage, it's really a big problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRipple View Post
Secondly, if you think that you will not be hacked because you store your data remotely, think again! The moment you plug it into the computer, the only barrier between you and the outside world is your computer firewall and most often free antivirus software. Not a problem for even a mediocre hacker.

Some might say that they switch off the internet connection when checking their remote data, again, os systems make temporary files of your documents, there are so many ways that someone can access your data without you knowing, e.g. installing simple logger program that works without internet connection.
This why I don't connect my M92 to Internet. I use some Linux distributions and I'll try to don't make something dangerous, per example, I block all the scripts by default when I use my web browser. Working with a device with no Internet connection is more secure, but you are right, less reliable if you use an SD card.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote