View Single Post
Old 12-14-2016, 01:14 PM   #36
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
No, it only gives extra sometimes storage. You need to be connected to the internet to make use of it. I am not always connected to the internet.

Most phones/tablets/laptops have USB ports, where you can connect external storage. And my current phone? I wouldn't have bought it, if it hadn't had a SD card slot If one picture is already 5Mb, even 32Gb will fill up fast. Add some offline maps and offline music and that external card will be almost mandatory (I plugged in a 256Gb one)

For me cloud storage isn't a replacement for internal storage, it complements it.
I make a picture on my phone, it gets store on the phone until such time that I have an internet connection (via wifi) and then it gets uploaded to OneDrive.

And when I want to show that picture, I better have that picture on my phone because I don't normally have an internet connection.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote