View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 08:56 PM   #11
Jason90
Addict
Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jason90 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
The Pen functionality and apparent ease along with the design and size of this e-ink based device does look promising and is hitting alot of the right marks however the locked down nature of the device as others have said make it a tough sell purely as a note-taker.

I recently tried an ipad pro 9.7 with apple pencil and the charging and pairing become quite annoying with heavy use,also i hated the feel of the slippery plastic of the pencil so it was an all-round negative experience.

I could see myself buying this but if they do insist on keeping the OS locked it MUST also be a decent ereader that offers similar functionality to the kindle/kobo.

With Onyx already showing off the same 10.3" display from Eink with Android reMarkable are going to have a tough sell on their hands even if there Pen input is slightly better.

EDIT: The 55ms seems pretty impressive and i wonder if this is apart of the new e ink regal waveforms that have been hinted at for ages,current carta screens refresh at 120ms i believe so this is quite a substantial improvement,unfortunately it's still not enough to smoothly playback standard 24fps video though,perhaps i.mx 7 will push the latency down even further

Last edited by Jason90; 12-03-2016 at 09:49 PM.
Jason90 is offline   Reply With Quote