Thread: Troubleshooting Kindle 4 - Factory reset does not work
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 07:05 PM   #5
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grefighter View Post
I just bought a used Kindle 4. When you power it up, the home screen should only have two items: Set up your Kindle & Archived items. When people sell their Kindle, they need first to deregister it from their Amazon account so new user can set it up and link to new user's Amazon account. It seems to me that your used Kindle is not deregistered.
I have bought 3 used kindles.
The first thing I did on two of them was deregister. You do not have to be the original owner to do that.
The other one, I changed the language and then deregistered.
2 out of three were re-registered with no problems. The third one, I just called Amazon told them that the register screen was not connecting and Amazon immediately registered it to my account.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote