View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 05:45 PM   #108
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
The new sync features

I downloaded MapleRead 1.6 early this morning and have played around with the new sync features since then. It's marvelous!

I've tried sync on my two iPads and two iPhones, each with a different set of hundreds of books in its MR library. It indeed works very well as claimed, whether I sync one book, multiple books or all books in a batch. The synced results (notes and vocab) look correct to me. I feel now that I can freely and reliably pick up my reading with the associated notes on any of my iOS devices. I really like the fact that I can control precisely what and when I want to sync and know for sure right away that the sync completes or fails (e.g. when the network is down). This is in sharp contrast with some other apps which often make me wait for a non-deterministic amount of time between the changes on one device propagate to another device.

Last but not least, I really appreciate the fact that I can now browse my highlights/notes, one book at a time on its own web page stored on the cloud, when I'm using my Mac. (I do take a lot of highlights/notes when I read non-fiction books for study and research.) It feels so liberating!

It must been taken you guys a good deal of effort for such an excellent sync solution. It's well worth my wait. Bravo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaylor View Post
MapleRead 1.6 can now be downloaded from the App Store.

What's New in MapleRead 1.6

This is a major release with much improved sync capabilities and a simplified UI.
  • Enable web access to synced data via web browsers from desktop and mobile devices
  • Sync data across your devices running SE, CE or CX editions via secure cloud connection
  • Sync reading positions, notes, vocab and bookmarks of books
  • Sync data for all books in the library with one tap
  • Sync data for the currently opened book with one tap
  • Sync data for selected books in the library with the standard edit-select method
  • Guarantee deterministic sync results
  • Minimize sync traffic between cloud and device
  • Enable flexible resolution of potentially multiple reading positions from synced devices
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote