View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 04:24 PM   #1
yacoob
Zealot
yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
300ppi reader with some kind of sync?

My Kobo Aura HD just died, and my previous thread didn't gather any answer, so I thought that I'll loosen the requirements.

What reader with 300ppi screen would you recommend as Aura HD replacement? I'd love to have some sort of sync between that eink reader and an Android device.

Right now I'm eyeballing:

- Onyxboox C67ML Carta2: has android so I can probably cook something up (aldiko, fbreader?), too bad about the screen not being flushed
- Tolino Vision 3 HD: has own "cloud" sync (although it seem to require account with a German/Austrian/Swiss bookstore), seems to have problems with zooming in on images, looks nice otherwise
- Kobo Aura One: really high quality build, but no sync whatsoever, and unlikely to happen. Also, 8" might be bit on the big side.

There's also Onyxboox Kepler Pro, which seems to have a lot of good stuff (nice screen, Android), but I just can't find a store in EU that sells it.

Any other devices worth looking at?
yacoob is offline   Reply With Quote