View Single Post
Old 10-04-2016, 09:30 AM   #110
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximalmobi7 View Post
I moved post of the posts to that link today...
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximalmobi7 View Post
I have yet to try to change kfx to azw8 since that extension will open in Kindle Previewer 3, but the kfx extension doesn't open at all in the software that outputs the kfx format, so I think its better to stick with an extension like azw8 with kfx format in it, that makes sense right?
It is too bad that the Kindle Previewer 3 does not handle the .kfx extension for opening KFX files when all of Amazon's other apps and devices (that I am aware of) support it. The .azw8 extension is also widely supported, but I haven't tested it enough to know whether or not it could act as a replacement for .kfx everywhere.

Rather than changing the plugin to produce files with an .azw8 extension, I am going to release a small (Windows) program that allows files with a .kfx extension to be opened by the Previewer. With this you will be able to click on the "KFX" label in the book details panel in calibre and see the results of KFX conversion.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote