View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 06:48 AM   #42
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Oh, I completely agree with you. I was merely using it as a counter-example to pwalker's suggestion that tax evasion is not widespread in the US. There is massive tax evasion with use tax, hence I would certainly not hold it up as a shining example of a good way to collect taxes on sales. The only sensible way to collect sales taxes it to do it at the point of sale. Any taxation system that relies on people voluntarily paying it is doomed to failure.
Isn't traveling to other countries and having to "declare" what you buy considered voluntarily?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote