View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 11:07 AM   #27
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psymon View Post
I think you're wrong -- and, indeed, I think I'm right.
(after writing this I noticed it may look argumentative or confrontational, but that wasn't my intent: take it with interspersed smileys and as a tongue-in-cheek comment)

First, copyright laws may change from country to country. Second, I didn't say the copyright notice is right or wrong, I just said that the law is probably independent of what the copyright notice says. Third, according to that document, you can only copyright your "selection" of plays and poems (if there is any creativity involved, not if they are just all his late works, or something like that), but I would say your changes don't qualify as derivative works, because the apparently don't "add new original copyrightable authorship to that work". Note that even if the selection is copyrighted, "the copyright in a compilation of data extends only to the selection, coordination or arrangement of the materials or data, but not to the data itself".
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote