View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 10:01 PM   #71
lucida
Enthusiast
lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.lucida 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zxczxc View Post
Thanks, although no source - but it's not a problem because:
I am in the process of changing kindle-evdev to make it check all /dev/input/eventX devices for the keys specified in a config file.

Do you think it is 'bad' for the battery to be constantly checking /dev/input/event0 /dev/input/event1 /dev/input/event2 etc?

Plus I want the user to be able to remove the usb device and insert without problems, so the list of input event devices will be checked and repopulated every 10 seconds/30 seconds/1 minute.

I am happy to code this myself, but do you see any problems?
I'm just worried that this constant checking will impact the device somehow, I wouldn't want that.

Thanks for your work!
You need to use poll/select to read these events.

For hotplug, I think the best way to do so is using udev rules, however this requires modifying rootfs -- one thing I'm reluctant to do.

The daemon service itself use very little power/cpu if coding properly, the OTG device itself can be a power hog though.
lucida is offline   Reply With Quote