View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 03:11 PM   #52
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Nice review, but there's one thing that bothers me: reading on your back with the reader above your head??? I think even holding nothing (just holding your arm up) will be uncomfortable after a few minutes!

Yeah I thought that part was odd too. Reviewer also mentioned several times the weight without pointing out you are getting 69% bigger screen. He seems to be coming from perspective of someone who doesn't want a bigger reader, which is fine, but most people considering this reader want it for the bigger size, knowing they must make a trade-off in weight. It's like reviewing an SUV from the pov of someone who just wants a sedan and saying "this thing takes up more room in my garage and uses more gas." Well, no kidding!

His criticism of s/w shortcomings is on point, though, (even if a lot of it is of the "why can't kobo be Amazon" variety). I wish more reviewers would push kobo on the occasional sluggishness and flakiness of their s/w, and more reviewers would push Amazon on their lack of customizability.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote