View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 08:19 AM   #35
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Nice review, but there's one thing that bothers me: reading on your back with the reader above your head??? I think even holding nothing (just holding your arm up) will be uncomfortable after a few minutes!

About the size:
I have small hands, and I've no problems holding it one handed for a longer period of time... And ever since I have bought my 6.8" reader (Onyx T68, later the H2O) I never wanted back to 6". I really love the larger screen of the One, not because of failing eye sight or PDF files, but simply because there's more text per screen. And the typography settings I set once and that usually works with all my books (and if they don't, I'll clean the book using Calibre once and for all).

Quote:
So far my best use of the waterproofing has been scaring family members by “washing” the Kobo. Granted, that’s a lot of fun, but I have yet to encounter a real-world scenario where I’ve needed it. For the record, I do some pool/beach reading and I haven’t sustained any water damage on any of my Kindles. I don’t know if I’m just unusually careful (a distinct possibility) but either way it’s not something that I consider necessary.
I had to laugh at this, I did the same! At my mother's pool, I was reading while floating on the water. My mother saw me and asked if I wan't afraid I'd make my reader wet, at which point I simply dunked my H2O in the water and continued reading

(skipped the part about overdrive and pocket and syncing, I never use those features)

And lastly, I buy most of my books at Amazon. Not that I have a Kindle (though my husband has), I've only had epub readers (from the BeBook Mini to the One). But thanks to some friendly people at this forum, every single book I buy from Amazon can be read on my Kobo's. And every single book I buy from non-Amazon sellers can be read on the Kindle.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote