Those patchs moved from libnickel.so.1.0.0 to nickel have been compressed CSS string.
With this tool CSS styles modifications inside nickel
, you can change css styles located inside nickel file.
Thanks to pipcat, python 2.
Changing the info panel in full size screensaver
Dictionary frame size
- Download version v04 CSS modifications nickel, make folder on your PC, and extrat the files to it.
- Read the file "Read Me" for more understanding how it works.
- Download the Kobo firmware archive version from here.
- Extrcat the "nickel" file from the Kobo firmware
kobo-update-4.x.xxxx.zip\koboroot.tgz\usr\local\kobo\nickel, to the folder.
- Execute python extract.py (Windows users can use this bat file extract.bat), it will make "nickel-extracted.css" file with streams (in 4.0.7523 you have 142 streams, 101 compressed (zilb), 41 no-compressed (nozilb)).
- Copy the file the nickel-modified.css (attatch file) to the folder and, detete patches you don't want, and save.
- Execute python patch.py to create a nickel-modif (Windows users can use this bat file patch.bat), check if you get OK and no errors.
- Use makepatch program to create a patch (nickel=oldfile, nickel-modif=newfile).
(there is no need fore the file nickel.patch)
Increase The Books Cover Size In The Library
Increasing The View Details Container
* USE THOSE PATCHES AT YOUR OWN RISK!
* I only have kobo glo so i don't know how it works on other devices specialy on Aura One.
* I didn't try those pathces because i didn't upgrade to FW 4.0.7523.