View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 05:39 PM   #15
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
If you have the problem, and have a known good version of libxml2, then it needs to be put in the same directory as the Sigil binary. Which would be <install_prefix>/lib/sigil/
Thanks! This worked for me. In case others are interested, here's what I did:
Spoiler:

1) downloaded source code for libxml2-2.9.2.tar.gz from ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/ and extracted it into a working directory. (say, ~/workdir/)

2) cd to that directory and issue commands ./configure and make.

3) since I didn't want to install it system-wide, I didn't do "make install" but simply copied (as root) ~/workdir/.libs/libxml2.so.2.9.2 to /usr/local/libs/sigil/ (which is where the sigil binary is located)

4) cd /usr/local/libs/sigil and (as root) ln -s libxml2.so.2.9.2 libxml2.so.2

and that did it. My system is Kubuntu 16.04.1 64-bit Xenial Xerus

Albert

Last edited by st_albert; 08-20-2016 at 10:50 AM. Reason: correct a filename typo
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote