View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 12:54 AM   #412
Jedidiyah
Enthusiast
Jedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud ofJedidiyah has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle DX graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
Librerator stopped working for me for a while today. I had the glitched screen bug (post 214) for a couple days and now have the success bug (post 211).

I did a hard reset, lost my Kindle collections, still couldn't beat the success bug.

I then restarted my computer which I'd shut down for the day, plugged the Kindle in, replaced the Kite Launchpad and Librerator folders and was able to get into Librerator.

Hope this helps anyone else hitting the same bug.
I am using KindleDXG with Librerator for several years now, and as far as I can tell garbled screens and sometimes crashes come from some sort of conflict between Librerator and Kindle's orientation sensor. The solution that worked for me is to put Kindle into a fixed orientation mode (pressing Aa button and selecting the vertical mode say) before entering Librerator. This disables the sensor, and I haven't seen garbled screens after I started doing that.

The second issue is that Librerator simply can not read pdf and djvu files that are too large, it either freezes, or relapses into the Amazon shell, or simply crashes. I think the limit is roughly 15MB for pdf and 10MB for djvu, but may be lower for some files. It is nothing that hard restart can not fix (holding the switch for 30 seconds, not to be confused with factory reset), but it is best not to attempt opening such files to begin with.

These two issues were responsible for 90% of all crashes and garbled screens that I encountered.
Jedidiyah is offline   Reply With Quote