View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 05:12 PM   #83
taos
Connoisseur
taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.taos can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

2. Connect your Kobo to your Windows 10 Anniversary system and open Disk Management (easiest is likely to search for Disk Management or by right-clicking on Start, opening a administrator command prompt and entering diskmgmt.msc)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post

4. Close the Disk Management console and check in Computer to see if the drive can now be opened. On my test, it came up as requiring to be formatted again so went with the same size/volume label.
I think - if you still have access to a pre-Anniversary Update computer - it might be easier to just use the Windows 10 system that can actually still see the KOBOeReader partition to do the formatting. You don't have to switch computers after the backup, and it will only be one step since you don't have to repeat the formatting.

BTW, I tried to format with an Anniversary Update Windows 10. I had to first create a partition in disk management before I could format the unallocated space. I was not asked to repeat the formatting - I could even copy everything back onto the new partition. However, after restarting, my Kobo Glo HD just hang. I had to remove its internal microSD card (that I could not mount with the Anniversary Update but with the older November Update - at least the third partition with FAT32). It seems that all files got corrupted somehow as I could only see those typical fsck chunks that are left after a file system check gone wrong. I had to reformat the last FAT32 partition again so that I could reboot my Kobo. Afterwards, I could connect it again to the computer (November Update), reformat it (just to make sure), and copy everything from the backup. After a restart everything still works fine. I can mount the KOBOEREADER partition (it seems Windows doesn't like lowercase characters in volume names) in both Windows 10 November Update and Anniversary Update.

Last edited by taos; 08-06-2016 at 05:15 PM.
taos is offline   Reply With Quote