View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 08:26 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I haven't seen a mechanism to do what you want. It could be written as a plugin, but it would need either the drivers for the device to collect the timestamp info, or for the plugin to get the timestamp directly from the device. I don't remember if any of the drivers do the former, and the latter might need something written for each device.

The way I normally handle what you are doing is with Reading Lists. I have one Reading List per device. When I add or change a book, I add it to the RL for each device I want it on. For my main device, the RL syncs automatically when I connect. For the other devices, when I connect, I go through the list and decide if I still want the book on that device. I might not send it if I have already finished the book. I also use the list to update the read status.

The other thing I do is to sort the library by the modified timestamp while the device is connected. This shows what is and isn't on the device. I'll probably have a rough memory of when the device was last synced (my main device daily, the others a lot less often) and looking at what is and isn't on the device will tell me what I need to update.

Neither method is perfect, but it's close enough for my use.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote