View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 03:56 PM   #230
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
Might be a just-in-case, it's not as though the copyright line has any real effect these days.

Maybe the copyright line itself has changed ?
I don't think that a person can copyright an item in the U.S. unless it's got something new and different in it. Except for copyright renewals.

I suspect that there are some features that are new. One thing that I don't remember seeing before is the specific introductory matter to books of the Bible. I would like to have that, but I wasn't going to pay even $3.99 just to have that.

I do get the distinct feeling that study Bible publishers "recycle" a lot of material that they have published before in study Bibles. They'll get a Bible text (NKJV, NASB, NIV, etc.), throw in some "helps" used previously in other study Bible and some things that members of the editorial committee at the publisher have written (there's nothing wrong with that--some of it is rather good), and then slap on a new title. Viola, they've got a "new" study Bible to peddle to consumers.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote