View Single Post
Old 07-10-2016, 01:55 PM   #18
cedhax
Addict
cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cedhax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by democrite View Post
Agree rendering is perhaps the most important feature and many many apps, usually those that provide options to mess with the CSS, mess it up in someway.
You mean apps you mentioned in other threads, such as Marvin, messes it up too?

Quote:
Did a quick test of one ePub in MapleRead iPhone. Sadly it didn't do well. From what i remember of the CSS, it was a "p + h3" margin-top. But that looks to be the only issue with that one ePub so not too bad and better than most.
I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about. Could you please post this example EPUB so that I can see for myself? As you surely know, like lots of Marvin users in other threads post concrete examples so that the developers can actually see if they can reproduce and fix the bugs.

Quote:
Options to adjust paragraph indents and spaces between paragraphs maybe should just not exist since so far, I don't think I've seen one app with those options without problems.
I don't understand what you are talking about. Do you have a concrete example that demonstrates the layout problem? If yes, then I'd like to try it too on the many reader apps I own.

Quote:
I did find one other issue. For chapters that span multiple files, it's perhaps best for the scroller to show a heading for next files until it finds a new heading. That might not be best for front matter that might not always have a TOC entry but i believe is safest overall.
This is really not a layout problem per se. It's a problem of how to show TOC metadata. I've seen other apps that handle this case similar to MapleRead does. And I think it's fine.
cedhax is offline   Reply With Quote