View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 09:08 AM   #29
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJordan View Post
Yes, but I've already tried this solution.
The problem is that I can't go to the root to place the DO_RECOVERY_RESTORE file ... (see the image).

EDIT : I've set a passcode to unlock the kindle, it's for that ?
Could very well be the problem.

Your failure must not be "exactly like ..."
You had better give us the fullest amount of context that you can think of.

Only about 150 people have done this 'first day' of release.
Few have reported: "Thank You"
and far fewer have reported a problem.

"Normal" failure during boot-up will export the USB storage area for a few seconds (5 .. 15) before failing.
Long enough to move a file.

Another thought -
Is this an ad supported (I.E: "Special Offers") Kindle?

PS:
That flag filename is:
DO_FACTORY_RESTORE
All capitals, no extension, no contents (which some find hard to do on a Windoze box).

Can you run a Linux LiveCD or Linux in a VM on that PC?
I really have less than zero recent experience with Windows (unless you want to downgrade to Win-2 or Win-3).

Last edited by knc1; 07-05-2016 at 09:42 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote