View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 08:43 AM   #28
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJordan View Post
Yes, but I've already tried this solution.
The problem is that I can't go to the root to place the DO_RECOVERY_RESTORE file ... (see the image).

EDIT : I've set a passcode to unlock the kindle, it's for that ?
I think the passcode is needed to export USB. Perhaps we need a documentation step to clear a passcode before downgrading (to allow the brief moment to push a flag file onto the device)?

If all else fails, you can do a serial port firmware update on a PW3, but we are still investigating easier options. The problem is that some of us are leaving soon, and we need young folks to step in a take our place in the forums. These factory firmware images need to be explored in depth, on your kindles, BEFORE upgrading to newer firmware (which removes most of the factory install goodies in the root filesystem).

This is all new bleeding edge stuff. We are all pioneers in this area. Pioneers can be recognized by the arrows sticking out of their backs. Welcome to the club. Hopefully you can learn from this experience and contribute back to the community what you have learned, to help others in your situation in the future. This is how I debricked my K4, which began my whole journey to create the "simple debricking" method used in kubrick.

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-05-2016 at 08:48 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote