View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 02:46 PM   #45
Nelebh
Nelebh began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T62+, Kobo Clara HD, Hanlin V5 (not in use)
Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Speaking as someone who owned a T68 and a C67ML, 1 GB of app space is a huge improvement for an Onyx device. The C67ML had 350 MB for apps. Once you had Play Store and Play Services in there, you already lost about a third of the app partition! The T68 had maybe 450 MB for its app partition.

As a point of reference, the Boyue T62 has a 1 GB app partition.

Why have a separate app partition? I have no idea!

I'm interested in the Kepler Pro and the Boyue T63/Shine. Thanks for the info.
So it is truly a huge change from older Onyx's ereaders. I have to admit I am accustomed to how Android works in phones, and I know little about the differences with having it on ereaders.

And oh, it seems that the Kepler Pro is finally out of limbo status and it's available for buying on Thailand. The local distributor, Hytexts, has changed today its preorder web and has it on stock, with shipping in 24 hours according to their previous Facebook's message. Price is the same as before, 7990 TBH (Thailand's Baht), so around 205€ or 226$.

I contacted Onyx via email the past week, and they did say that the Kepler Pro will be available in Thailand soon, but I wasn't expecting it this soon. Great news!

And as well as contacting Onyx, I sent a couple of emails more, one to the E-readerweb.nl and another to Ereader-store.de asking for plans to have available the Kepler Pro when it was released. The Netherlands distributor replied saying that they intent to have it for selling, around mid-July more or less, same as Hytexts said in their preorder web for shipping. I will keep you posted if they inform me of something more.

Last edited by Nelebh; 06-27-2016 at 03:18 PM. Reason: Fixing formatting (Tapatalk's newbie).
Nelebh is offline   Reply With Quote