View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 05:47 PM   #18
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
As I recall, fastboot does not report errors when flashing, even if it is a large image like mmcblk0p1. The only way to know it failed is if it reports "success" too early. We learned from experience that the large main partition needs to be written with 'dd' from diags, but even since then I have seen it done by official amazon firmware update scripts as well.

You cannot trust fastboot (at least not the kindle versions) to report errors.

Your repair instructions are pretty standard, as we described in the "simple debricking" thread, except it appears you did a serial port login from diags instead of a usbnetworking login (which required flashing a diags partition that had usbnetworking added back into it, such as the images from ixtab that are also in the kubrick distros.

Congratulations on your debricking success. I think your "battery" problem may have been due to corrupt firmware (only partly-flashed with fastboot), or other firmware corruption. The important think is that it works now...

Last edited by geekmaster; 06-02-2016 at 05:54 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote