View Single Post
Old 05-24-2016, 02:06 PM   #4
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
I found illustrations on hathitrust for "Oh Whistle and I'll Come to You" from Pall Mall magazine Dec 1895 (as far as I can find out, they are the only other illustrations done for any of his stories), but they have a terribly pronounced plaid cross-hatch pattern (it seems to be omnipresent in Google magazine scans), and I could not find a way to process them to look much better. I might give them another try this weekend.
The University of Adelaide has an ePub version of James' "Ghost Stories of an Antiquary", with illustrations that don't appear to have the cross hatching. You might query where they got them.

I get a lot of links to stuff on Hathi Trust from the University of Pennsylvania's Online Books Page. Hathi is a pain if you aren't part of an institution that has an account there, and I largely ignore them.

I don't think the cross-hatch is an artifact of Google scanning. I have other volumes that originated as Google scans that don't present the issue.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote