View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 11:08 AM   #53
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
yes, that's a good point : you don't have to give up IE completely if you really prefer it (although i bet you won't, after you start using firefox...). but at least try it out. it won't uninstall IE and you don't have to select it as your default browser. that way you have options.
For me, I never really saw a need to run Firefox either. The reason I stared using it was due to the free Foxmarks add in. This syncs your bookmarks between multiple PCs. That add-in alone was the reason I switched. But, once I started using it I really did find it to be faster. Also, I heard to many resource issues with the 2.x version. But 3.x has been stable and memory usage is down. I even use Firefox on my Mac over Safari (even though Safari seems a bit faster). Once again due to being able to use Foxmarks.

Lack of foxmarks is the main reason I haven't tried chrome... even though so may people say how awesome and fast it is.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote