View Single Post
Old 05-03-2016, 06:23 AM   #1123
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
Thank you David: at long last I have the tags in the comments, instead of having to explore the collections to find those a book belonged to.

Edit: I've noticed that transferring new books, the pre-registered search and replace info get stripped, while the other metadata (blurb) are there. Also the usual disconnect / connect again is not enough to get it and the new info, I must also update the metada.
Um, yes, that's how it works. The functions in the plugin are separate from the driver. And its the point of the plugin. There are things that the driver can't do, or are out of scope for the driver. I do intend to add metadata updating to the driver, but it won't be as flexible as the plugin. It will be a straight update from the library metadata using a plugboard if you have one configured. This is what happens when you send a book to the device.

Most of the functions of the plugin are manual. You select the books you want to act on and then select the function. The metadata update is one of the manual functions.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote